Tuesday 19 September 2017

Review: Haagen Dazs Pralines and Cream

So continuing with my verdict on the big brand names, another line close to my heart has to be Haagen Dazs. With their intriguing name and alluring pictures on the tubs, who wouldn't be charmed by the popular chain?


On their website, Haagen Dazs describe this flavour as...

A delicious combination of smooth vanilla ice cream, crunchy praline pecan pieces, and sweet caramel swirls.

Texture: When it comes to texture I do think this flavour has the whole package. Creamy soft ice cream- such a luxurious texture- but also gooey swirls of caramel and crunchy praline pieces throughout. Now I don't know about you but I generally find that Haagen Dazs are very generous with the amount of caramel swirl in their tubs, meaning every single mouthful of this beauty is a treat for the senses.

Taste: There's a degree of creaminess in Haagen Dazs tubs that, quite frankly, cannot be matched by any other brand. I don't know how they do it, but the intense depth of creaminess within this vanilla is enough to make me want to clear out my snack cupboards and eat nothing but ice cream for the rest of my life. The caramelised pecans provide a sweet crunchy burst of divine nuttiness which, combined with the sweet vanilla, really ups the excitement of the tub.

Overall: every single component of this tub, though different, compliments each other in the best possible way to make an intensely moreish treat. The only thing holding this baby back from a full 10 is that I generally like my chunks to be bigger, plus the fact that I personally prefer the taste of Haagen Dazs's caramel ice cream to their vanilla.

Rating: So so close to a top score at 9.5/10 !!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Ben and Jerry's Blondie Brownie Core

I thought it was about time that I dedicate a post to this flavour. Perhaps if you have followed me on Instagram for a while (@peanutbutterb...