Friday 29 September 2017

Review: Ben and Jerrys Swich up

Who doesn't love the classic ben and jerry cookie dough flavour? Surely, even more chunks can only mean good things right?


On their website Ben and Jerry's describe this flavour as:

Vanilla ice cream with chocolatey sandwich cookies and chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough and a chocolatey cookie swirl

Wow! There is a LOT going on in that tub right there! Lets dig in...

Texture: Sure enough, my first spoonful was a delightful medley of chunks and swirls and textures. This is an extremely busy tub, with chunks and add ins of all different shapes and sizes. You have the biscuitty satisfaction of the swirl that almost melts in your mouth, and the soft cookie dough pieces that are a delight to chew on. The main star of this tub though is of course the cookie pieces- or should I say the size of the cookie pieces. Multiple times I came across whole cookies and my oh my was it exciting. If there's one thing Ben and Jerry's boss at, it's the chunks.

Taste: You have the classic creamy vanilla of the ice cream coming through, but now with the much stronger taste of the cookies. The same shape as oreos, they don't taste dissimilar to them, however they got a bit overwhelming after a while. I thoroughly enjoy the cookie dough pieces, but the strength of the cookies and swirl take away from them a little bit so that your don't appreciate them as much. Also the creaminess of the vanilla is much less discernible. It's present, but drowned out. 

Overall: Not a bad tub at all. I really enjoyed all the textures and tastes and it was a treat to dig into. Sometimes though I enjoy the simple luxury of creamy vanilla ice cream, and that was harder to appreciate with the explosion of cookies overwhelming it.

Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Ben and Jerry's Blondie Brownie Core

I thought it was about time that I dedicate a post to this flavour. Perhaps if you have followed me on Instagram for a while (@peanutbutterb...